So it's Tuesday...

And I have way too much to share. I can't wait until tomorrow to post!! What can I say?
First up I wanted to share my studio space with you.  In April of this year I did a little remodel of my office.  Michael's was having a sale on their storage cubes and so I did it. I bought 12 of them! I just realized that I didn't take any pictures of them. I guess that will wait for another day.  We spaced eight of the cubes across a 10 foot wall and then installed a precut counter top.  I have my area separated into craft and computer with the printer dividing the two sides.  I only took pictures of the craft side to share today. 

These are my copics. I have them sitting right on my desk in their original containers.  The tags show which color families are in each box. My "E"s and kinda spread out through all the boxes. 

This is where the magic happens. :)  On my desk I have my Daylight lamp which is a life saver!!! I can't imagine not having one!  I have two little shelves above my work area holding flowers and cards.  Above that is my Making Memories Embellishment Center full of goodness!  The poppies on the wall are from Ikea. They are really cool!  My walls are a light green apple color.  I accented the rest of my studio in poppy red.  It looks very cool. :)  Peeking out from under the counter is a stack of older rubber stamps in boxes with a baby wipe canister sitting on top. 
I worked on three cards yesterday.

This cute little card is from a very OLD CTMH set called Nantucket Retreat.  I colored with my Copics and used the W1 to blend.
Next up...

This little beauty was created for Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #10.  Are these colors just scrumptious or what???? The first thing I did was head over to Papertrey Ink and download their Copic Color Chart.  I then checked off which markers I had and then for those that I didn't have, I looked for a close match.  Here are my recipes:
Pink (*R20, R32, R35)
Orange (*R00, R02, R05)
Brown (*E35, *E37, E57)
*indicates that I didn't have the color suggested, so I replaced with a close match. I colored the buttons and flowers in the hair with sparkly Gelly Rolls.  I had a small mishap when I smeared the buttons on the pants. Would you have noticed if I had not pointed it out? I also added Gold Stickles to the brads on the paper flowers.
Thanks for looking! :)
S
9 Responses
  1. Your cards are wonderful, but your room is absolutely stunning! Love the poppies on the wall!


  2. Jackie Says:

    Awesome room! tfs!!!


  3. Thanks fpr entering my candy! I totally {heart} your blog!


  4. Jane Says:

    what was that thud you ask??? my jaw hitting the floor! just LOVE your space and yes I would say I'm tad green over all your yummy copics!! I've got 5.....yes 5!;) Love the cards!


  5. Susan Says:

    What a cute card! You really do a great job with your copics - I haven't been brave enough to try them yet!


  6. Super cute! I am really thinking about taking the copic plunge. EEEKKKK!!!! Way to rock this color challenge.
    It's a good life!
    Terri E.


  7. Great card! I wish I could use the copics like you!
    Hugs
    Vanessa


  8. Ann Says:

    Cuteness! Great job with Dawn's colors!


  9. Maria Says:

    Hi! Your room is great. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those Poppies!! OMG.
    Your cards are beautiful as well!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails