First day of Summer Vacation

I can't believe it's finally here.  Summer Vacation is something we anticipate all year long and when it's here we simply can't believe it.  The weird thing is...it's not hot.  NOT even remotely warm for that matter.  I live in the desert where we are used to 110 degree days.  I normally MAKE my kids play in the morning and then bring them inside around 11 am for movies and other indoor activities.  Right now, at 10:00 am it's 64 degrees.  I guess it's good in some ways, the kids can play outside all day, right?
Last week I threw my back out and I'm still recovering.  It's still pretty tender, but every day it seems to be getting better.  I'm now just taking Aleve for the pain. 
My son made the All Star team for baseball!!! I'm so proud of him!  On Saturday he played in the first scrimmage game and THEY WON!!! Wooohoo!!!  This week they play in another scrimmage.  This weekend will be their first OFFICIAL game.  I do hope they do well! He's worked so hard.  
I stayed up really late last night working on a few more challenges. I know, you are SHOCKED!!!   I really don't have many quality stamps, trust me this is something I'm working on!   I did purchase a few stamps at Michael's and I really don't like them.  First of all, the ink doesn't really stick to the stamp which makes it hard to ink, and second, the images just feel flimsy. It's too bad, some of them are rather cute.
This first card is for the Copic Creations challenge.  This week we were asked to create wood.  Seriously it's like someone read my mind!! Yesterday I colored three images with wood.  In all fairness I decided to do one fresh for today!  This image is by Penny Black. It's called Farm Love and it's from 1998 (the year my son was born!). It's colored with Copics.



The second challenge I did was for Taylored Expressions.  I really didn't want to use my Magnolia's or Penny Blacks on this challenge, but rather some of the stamps I purchased from Michael's.  As I said before, I'm not  impressed with the quality.  You do get what you pay for. 

Peace out...
1 Response
  1. TOTALLY ADORABLE! nice job! :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails