Santa and Hug Me

He's checking his list, he's checking it twice...

My adorable Fall kit arrived last month and this is the first chance I've had to use it! :)

First up is Edwin.

I reached far into my stash and found these Christmas papers.  I have no idea who makes them.  The ribbon is new, I found it at Michaels earlier this year.  I didn't keep track of my colors, please forgive me.


Next up is this cutie for the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. The challenge was to create using pink and yellow.   This presented a little challenge for me as I didn't have any pink or yellow paper.  I'm really on a mission to use some of my personal stash before I run out and buy more paper!   For those of you that know me, you know that I've been stamping for nearly 20 years.   I have demonstrated for Stampin' Up, Close to My Heart, and a host of other companies.   I may have sold off many of the stamps, but I kept almost all the papers.   I went digging through my old Close to My Heart stash and found some adorable papers.  I have no idea what collection they are from or if they're still available (I'm guessing no).   I used some silk flowers and ribbon from Michaels.  The leaves are from Sizzix.  I also used some paper flowers from Prima.

11 Responses
  1. Jean Says:

    Samara 1st I love your Santa Edwin card he looks so good looking at his list.. love the pp you chose for him and your colors you colored him in.. did him justice.. great card.. for Hugs Tilda great job.. so dainty just as it should be.. she is colored so softly with the backgroud pp the same. love the boldness of the ribbon as that seemed to bring it all together.. this was a tremendous card..
    hugs, Jean


  2. Your cards are absolutely stunning, Samara!
    I love Edwin checking his list...like all the layers too! Tilda is adorable....very soft and the ribbon treatment is fabulous!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Great job on both of your cards. I love the Tilda needs a hug one, very pretty!


  4. Both of your cards are just beautiful Thank you for joining us on the Magnolia-Licious Challenge Blog!!
    Tracy Valure


  5. Samara, both of your cards are pretty & delightful. Thanks so much for joining us over at Magnolia-licious Challenge. Hope to see you again for the next one too :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio


  6. Unknown Says:

    Oh Sam...I love both of these little darlings!! Your coloring is just beautiful!! I love the soft pinks and yellows you used on your challenge entry!! And your ribbon technique is very cooool! Thanks sooooo much, darlin', for playing with us in our very first Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Yay!! Pat Frank


  7. Candy Says:

    Hi Sam,
    Wow - two great cards!!
    Beautiful colouring.
    Love the wonderful soft papers you have used for your Challenge entry.
    Tilda wants a hug is a lovely image isn't she?
    I agree that your ribbon treatment is unique :o)
    Thank you for joining us in our first Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog challenge.
    Hugs, Candy


  8. Samara what beautiful cards. Awesome colouring!
    I love the layout for Santa, great papers.
    Thank you for taking part in the Pink and Yellow challenge, super ribbon treatment!!
    Maggie hugs, Diana


  9. Maria Says:

    Fabulous cards Samara! Love the ribbon treatment and your layouts. Thanks for playing with our first Magnolia-licious challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your submissions. Hugs, Maria


  10. Hi Samara. I've been visiting your blog for some time now and you have become a great inspiration to my own works of art. I absolutely love your work. I've also enjoyed your videos on YouTube and hope you have more to share in the future.


  11. Norma Says:

    Ooh,Samara, your cards are gorgeous…both of them. Love the clean look of your cards. The Edwin card is wonderful—love the colours here, but I especially like the Tilda card ‘cause I’m a Tilda addict...LOL. I have this stamp too. I adore this Tilda—I just want to hug her. Wonderful soft colours and the colouring is beautiful done. Very lovely flower arrangement—I like your die cut for the leaves.
    Thanks for joining the fun at our first Magnolia-licious Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Norma


Related Posts with Thumbnails