It feels good to stamp!

Maybe I should say, it feels good to color!

One of my co-workers is a Stampin' Up demonstrator and she gave me a TON of discontinued cardstock and some designer paper too!  I was using Gingerbread Tilda and wanted something more fall in theme.   I decided to use yellows and green and honestly, I couldn't be happier with the results.  I used Copics and some distress inks.


 Tulips....
I have wanted this stamp for such a long time!  I finally had the opportunity to order it and when my order was lost, I cried!   Lucky for me, the seller reshipped my order and this lovely girl arrived safe in my hands!
I've been admiring the work of Angie Hunt and truly envy her ability to work with distress inks.  A few months ago, I won  a set of distress inks from her!   I still haven't mastered any of the techniques as of yet, but I'm working on creating deep shadows using the Walnut Stain distress ink.  I colored my image with Copics and then used the distress ink to really bring out the shadows.    As usual, I have no idea which papers I used.  I'm on a big mission to use my stash and didn't keep track of my papers.   (I really wish all paper companies would print their name on the back!)

Last but not least is this cutie.  She was in the same order of stamps that got lost.   I was so happy to finally get her!  I've had this pack of paper for a long time and honestly, I really don't like it.  But like I've said, I'm on a mission to use it up!    I think it looks great as a background for this image!



13 Responses
  1. Peggie Says:

    Wow you have been busy creating beautiful cards. They are all wonderful. Glad to see you creating again.



  2. Hi Samara, so good to see you're stamping again! I just love these three cards and how beautifully you've put them together. What a wind fall to get so many beautiful papers and cardstock. Totally gorgeous work hon!


  3. Jean Says:

    Wow, you really have been a busy person lately... love #1 with all the greens and tans and love how you colored Tilda and did the inside with the leaves. #2, adore the tourquoise and the pp you used.. Tilda looks so gorgeous and love your layout. #3 love the layout and your coloring of Tilda and her frog and the pp you used.. all three are just perfect cards.
    Hugs, Jean


  4. Welcome back. It's so nice to see your beautiful cards again.
    Sue S.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    So charming! SO delightful Samara! Love how Tilda is the focus and the papers just add the right "touch"! TFS!
    Pam Going Postal


  6. Beautiful cards Samara!
    Your coloring is wonderful.
    Hugs Maz


  7. Rene Says:

    Ok, I love all three but there is something especially wonderful about the first one! Maybe it's those gorgeous colors...so cheerful and beautiful yet soothing too! FANTASTIC! :D


  8. You have been a busy stamper! I have been trying to use Distress Inks for years & still can't color right with them!! And lucky you getting all that fun SU stuff!


  9. Sandi Says:

    each one is darling, I love your color choices. Sandi


  10. My gosh you have been busy. They are exquisite!!!
    You have an awesome stash of papers....lol.
    Maggie hugs, Diana


  11. Cordine Says:

    Gorgeous cards!
    Hugs
    Cordine


  12. Samara, Love these cards... Absolutely adorable.


Related Posts with Thumbnails